It’s Target Free Family Saturday at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo! The theme for tomorrow is Monster Mash and it looks like they will have some really fun craft activities throughout the day. Before you get to the museum, walk over to Daikokuya and put your name on the list for some delicious ramen and by the time you leave the museum, they may have a table for you! Parking can be a pain as well as expensive around Little Tokyo so for some added fun, consider taking the Gold Line (or the King Taco line as we like to call it) to the Little Tokyo station. It will drop you off right across the street from the museum. Most of the stations have free parking. Here are some things I learned from our last outing there.
- DEFINITELY check out the origami exhibit!! It is small but very impressive. The exhibit is running until August.
- For those of you who want to drive, there is parking across the street for $6.50
- JANM has a special offer: GO METRO & SAVE: Take the Metro and get $2 off any adult admission and a 10% discount at Chado Tea Room.
- Upcoming FREE days are May 12: Celebrate Asian Pacific Heritage , July 14: Faces + Places
- Lastly, if Daikokuya is jammed, check out Shin Sen Gumi on Central Ave, next to Yogurtland. It’s deeelicious too!
Have a nice weekend!!