Viva Mexico! (I had to post that for my Mexican husband.) Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, and there are all sorts of activities happening throughout our lovely Los Angeles (pronounced “Los Ahn-he-les” with flair according to my dear husband).
- Register for Cerritos aquatic classes: registration opens at 10:00 a.m. Hundreds of parents throughout Cerritos will be glued to their computers as they try to register their kids for swimming classes this summer.
- Free Saturday at La Habra Children’s museum
- Turtle Show at El Dorado Nature Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Popotillo Art Workshop at Artesia Library from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Children will use a popotillo straw to make colorful pictures in wax
- Home Depot Kids workshop from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- BofA Museums on Us weekend:
- Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana (Saturday ONLY)
- Hammer Museum
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Skirball Cultural Center
- Free Sunday at Bowers museum & Kidseum: These are actually two separate museums at different locations. The Kidseum is quite small so you could easily visit both venues on the same trip. There is a Latin American Family Festival on Sunday.
And in case you were wondering how my husband will be celebrating his ancestral heritage…he’s going to be watching the Kentucky Derby. Viva Mexico!